Andrew Alison (United Kingdom)
- I should start by saying I felt comfortable to use www.e-stories.org to
share my writing ideas, it has taken me a while to feel this way, and there
was something about its simplicity and clarity that attracted me.
- I went to a Roman Catholic Boys School in Birmingham our English Teacher
was nicknamed .Catweazle. from the old TV series about the scarecrow. He
encouraged me and told me I should write, I won many school awards at school
for writing which made me feel proud but unfortunately due to personal
circumstances I was not encouraged and it is only recently as an adult that
I have begun story writing again.
- In the interim period I have focussed any and all writing abilities into
the song writing arena. I have written several albums under the banner of
Andrew Christopher available to hear on
I am not into egotism although of
course we.ve all got one and I wanted to put something back into what I do
the music website is a music co-operative for several other local bands; I
help and assist those bands in the best way I can to make further progress.
We are based in Kent where I have lived happily for many years.
- In-between school and music I had several poems published as part of the
Anchor Press poetry series, again like www.e-stories.org the series was
accessible without prejudice to anybody who wanted to have a go at the art
form. I like that approach as we know poetry can get a bad press with
regards to creative snobbery and over the top gate keeping.
- I have worked within the mental health profession for thirty years and
still thoroughly enjoy my work and value its diversity. I am married with
four children, one still at home and 3 grandchildren.
- My favourite books are .Catcher in the Rye., .Watership Down. and
.Saturday Night Sunday Morning. and books of this style and ilk. There is
no particular piece of prose or poetry author I follow I tend to keep an
open mind and have been affected by the most poignant and powerful pieces
often by unknown and contempory writers. I enjoy that aspect of
- I am pleased that my first short story .Mr Leneys shed. has been
accepted and is available to read on www.e-stories.org I view this as the
hardest first step completed, and I can now kick-back and maybe begin to
refind and reinvestigate those writing abilities .Catweazle. used to
encourage me to use more of.
- I look forward to sharing more of my work with you, and of being given
the opportunity to enjoy the work of fellow writers on
Contact Andrew Alison
You may write the author in the following languages englisch
Sort list by: Date / Alphabet
|Dead Fox||24.07.2017|| Philosophical|
First release on e-Stories.org 14.07.2010.
All rights belong to its author. e-Stories.org is not responsible for from the author submitted content.